Sunday 5 January 2014

French Bread Pizza

French Bread Pizza was pretty much a staple of my childhood. Cheap, quick and a great way to use up odds and ends - they were always going to be a winner when my mother had four hungry mouths to feed. So when she gave me a load of leftover French sticks, I knew exactly what I would do with them :)


We fried some onion for our tomato sauce.


Added a tin of chopped tomatoes. Sister, Mash, was keen to try out the new drill to season.


Our sauce just about made it round all the pizzas. I made some mushroom ones for the boyfriend and I. Mash and George, our impromptu dinner guests, aren't fans, so we left some plain.


Grated cheese sprinkled on to the pizzas.


Then cooked until crisp and tasty.


There were many, many pizzas. As many as I could fit on all my various baking trays. And we ate them all. They are so delicious. And so simple and quick for a dinner party you weren't planning to have until your mother threw a bag of French Bread at you!


No comments:

Post a Comment